Leaders in Training Program
As Santa Clara University's outdoors club we strive to create a community of individuals passionate about outdoor activities, sustaining the natural world, and going Into The Wild. We recruit new leaders once a quarter.
We are so excited for new leaders to apply during the 2018-2019 school year. We will have two application periods - one at the end of Fall Quarter 2018 and one at the end of Winter Quarter 2019. Check back here and on our Facebook page for the most up to date information!
1. Are dedicated to sharing the outdoors with the Santa Clara community
2. Show previous leadership and outdoor activity experience
3. Show commitment to building community and interacting with a diverse group of students
4. Maintain a balance between school and extracurricular activities (minimum GPA of 2.5)
5. Desire to innovate and make changes for the future of Into The Wild
6. Are willing to commit significant time and energy in schedule towards Into The Wild
7. Have experience working on team
8. Is a current SCU student enrolled with at least six quarters remaining at the university
9. Have a willingness to learn
Roles and responsibilities
1. Complete quarter-long Leader-In-Training (LIT) Course (minimum 4 hours per week)
2. Attend weekly leadership team meetings and quarterly leadership retreats (team meetings begin Monday night at 6PM)
3. Create and lead outdoor trips for the student body with fellow ITW leaders
4. Assist with administrative and outreach roles, including mandatory tabling for trip sign-ups during week
5. Understand mission and values of Into The Wild to pass on to future generations
6. Work with team members to plan and lead a minimum of one overnight trip and one day trip per quarter
7. Complete mandatory Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder training course
Due to club policy we only accept applications from First Years and Sophomores. If you are a Sophomore planning on going abroad Fall 2019 of your Junior year, note that this will be the final application period for which you are eligible.